Caged Angel



A Heavenly Season with an Angel from Los Angeles, one from San Francisco, and the other from Boston
The fourth season of CHARLIE'S ANGELS, which aired on Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on ABC from September 1979 through May 1980, is possibly the season that yields the most dramatic changes in the series, namely Shelley Hack becomes the newest angel, "Tiffany Welles", filling the slot vacated by original actress Kate Jackson. Returning for another tour of duty this season are "Kelly Garret" and "Kris Munroe", played by Jaclyn Smith and Cheryl Ladd respectively, along with faithful sidekick "Bosley", played by David Doyle. Farrah Fawcett's "Jill Munroe" also makes her final three appearances of the series.

With the new angel, also comes a new overall look to the series. With Hack, a former fashion model, on board, all three actresses don dresses, gowns, and tailored suits more often than casual wear. And while attention is taken away from the flesh (the Angels wear fewer bathing suits this season than ever before), the Angels never looked classier and more stunning in their wardrobe...

Finally!!!
I am a huge Charlie's Angels fan and I am glad that they are finally releasing season 4 on dvd and look forward to season 5.
I really liked many of the episodes with Shelley Hack, some of my favorites in fact. I went and looked at an episode guide for the season and I realized that I forgot about some of the episodes in this season and can't wait to re-watch them all.
I think my favorites from this season are the roller disco episode, the wedding episode with a young Kim Cattral and the college sorority episode.

Update.....I came home every night for a week from work and watched this season until the very end. I am now re-watching some of the episodes. I still think that Shelley Hack got a raw deal in the whole thing because as I said before, some of this season's episodes are my all-time favorites of a show that I loved as a kid and still enjoy as an adult. I hope that we don't have to wait several more years for the final season to be released on dvd. Although...

What a GREAT 40th Birthday present!!!
FINALLY! All of us "Angel Enthusiasts" can finally sit back, relax and enjoy the fourth season (and one of the best) of this iconic series!

I was an impressionable seven year old when "Charlie's Angels" debuted in 1976. I grew up idolizing these beautiful ladies! I had both of the board games (one with Farrah, the other with Cheryl), all of the paperback books that were released and I even had all four of the dolls (where they ended up, I will NEVER know!). I had the Farrah poster, and an oversized poster of "Sabrina, Kelly & Kris" from "Circus of Terror". TRUE FAN in every sense of the word.

I purchased the first three seasons on the day of their release. I was looking at the issue of Entertainment Weekly that I received today and read about the 7/21/09 release! YIPPEE!!

Shelley Hack was a great addition to the series and was definitely given a raw deal! They certainly should have incorporated her more into the storylines early on. I found out that...

Click to Editorial Reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

17+ Sunday March 21 2021

24+ Anthony Edwards Poster

45+ Cristiano Ronaldo Coloring Pages