Liar, Liar [HD]



The original was better with the facts
By training, my background is in neuropsychology and cognitive psychology. I enjoy these programs because they present a modern, fun, and interactive way of communicating information. I use these in many of the courses that I teach at both the undergraduate and graduate level. However, I am noticing a lot more factual errors than from the original miniseries that was narrated by NPH. In the most recent episode on persuasion, Apollo does a demonstration where the host is put in one of 12 boxes, and the audience chooses a number between 3-12 and and the remaining boxes get destroyed and amazingly, the one with the host doesn't. While it's a neat trick, it's a simple number trick. It has nothing to do with influencing an individual's decisions. It's a minor nitpick, but I end up explaining to my students how their depiction is in accurate. Again, not a problem per se as I turn it into a learning moment, but the overall quality of the series is less than that of the original.

This is great if you are not familiar
If you don't already know the amazing facts science has shown us about how our brains work you will love this program. I have to say I have only seen the one program, but the theme seems to be about the basic things you would learn in college, especially in psychology. If you have not been exposed to the wonders of how our brain works, then I highly recommend "Brain Games" - you will find it fascinating!

NOTHING COMPARES
THIS IS THE SECONE SERIES I HAVE WATCHED AND IT IS AS GOOD AS THE FIRST..
LOTS OF AMAZING FACTS ABOUT THE HUMAN BRAIN AND ITS CONNECTION TO
YOUR EYES AND HOW WE SEE THINGS AND OFTEN GET IT WRONG

Click to Editorial Reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

17+ Sunday March 21 2021

24+ Anthony Edwards Poster

45+ Cristiano Ronaldo Coloring Pages