The Divinas: Live At Chambord Castle



MEAV AND THE DIVINAS
The Angelic voice of Meav makes this concert DVD the beauty in music that it is. Her "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face",
"My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose", and, especially her "On Raglan Road" are lovely. And, then, she surprises us
with the beautiful "Glasgow's Burning", which is phenomenal. While the other ladies' songs are pretty, it is Meav that
makes this DVD beautiful. "Shenandoah" is wonderful!! I recommend this DVD to all music lovers.

A Command Performance!
Overall it was a wonderful performance!

Meav as usual gave a tour de force performance and the other two charming ladies Yulia and Rita were great as well. I found myself totally entranched when Yulia sung "La Vie En Rose", not only does she have a great voice but she also has a great stage presence. Rita I was impressed with as well but to be completely honest I feel that she was out of her element because as I understand it her background is in Pop, Rock, and Soul. I just feel the style and tone of the music being played wasn't the greatest match for her.

There were just a few other issues I had with this...

The first one is with the DVD itself, I was bothered that it didn't have biographies on the performers; I'm already a fan of Meav but if I want to learn anything about Yulia and Rita I have to look them up on my own. While with the concert I liked the music but I felt that much of it was similar in that it was very soothing and at a somewhat slow...

Fantastic!
If you love any of these three Women you will love this DVD as well as its cd. Was wonderful getting introduced to two new singers who I am going to enjoy getting their music.

Click to Editorial Reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

17+ Sunday March 21 2021

24+ Anthony Edwards Poster

45+ Cristiano Ronaldo Coloring Pages