Sweet Fire: Understanding Sugar's Role in Your Health
Gentle presentation of the harsh facts
I've struggled with sugar for most of my life -- eating it, not eating it, trying to not eat it and failing, trying to control how much I eat of it and failing, avoiding it completely but at great emotional cost, and so on. I knew the problem had something to do with my blood sugar levels and adrenaline, but I never before understood the chemistry as clearly as I do now, after watching SWEET FIRE.
Toscano presents the scientific information in a way that is clear and vivid (and sometimes funny), but she herself seems non-threatening and non-judgemental. I appreciate her gentle, yet down-to-earth, approach. She gives her audience the information about how our bodies handle sugar, so we can make our own decisions, but (thank goodness) she does NOT preach about what we should or should not eat.
Her attitude, along with the information she makes clear, reinforce my desire and ability to abstain from eating refined sugars and carbohydrates. It's a big effort, but...
I love this video!
I am a 17-year-old girl that is very interested in nutrition. After watching this video, I fell in love with it. It is something that everybody absolutely needs to see no matter what his or her previous knowledge of nutrition is. Mary Toscano demonstrates what a good balance of carbohydrates looks like and how it affects us when we are not in balance. After watching this video I was motivated to make better choices in my diet because I had found out what the right choices were. I already had known what I thought was a lot about nutrition, but after viewing this video I understood the role of carbohydrates in my life on much more fundamental level. I was shocked to hear some of the information she was presenting. I just didn't know. I think it's important especially for teenagers to watch this so they don't become fatties and moody like the rest of my generation. When kids (or anyone) eats badly they become unhealthy, fat, pissed off and don't exercise. The things Mary...
Health Conscious Mom
I strive on a daily basis to teach my children how to eat healthy. Mary Toscano appeals to all age levels when discussing sugar's role in a "healthy lifestyle". I recommend this video for people of all ages.
Click to Editorial Reviews
Comments
Post a Comment